Unit Converter - Easy Conversion of Measurements
Quad-Lock Unit Converter is a freeware tool that can take care of all your unit
conversions within seconds. It contains more than 1000 units of measurement commonly
encountered while solving engineering or everyday conversion problems. It includes a Search function to quickly find units, support for adding custom
units, and a smart input box that evaluates calculations & complex expressions. Only the most common units are visible by default (e.g. Area, Distance, Temperature, Velocity) but hundreds more are included and easily found using Search.
- Simple & clean user-interface makes the
learning curve non-existent to convert most measurements under the sun, even for inexperienced computer users.
- Fast and time efficient. There is no need for an
installation package, no splash screen, and no silly registration or survey forms. The
program is launched in less than a second, a Search function makes it easy to find any unit (even hidden ones), and conversions are
performed instantly while typing input.
- The program can be run from a USB drive as a completely
portable application, without leaving any personal data or registry
100% spyware and adware free
You won't find a better converter than this. This is an excellent program, and I thank the creator of it for sharing it!"
- by mrsfixit on Oct 4, 2010
Pros: I've been wanting a unit converter for years. I've used Download.Com
for years for all kinds of programs but only today did I take the time to look
for a unit converter and the first one I tried, Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.3
EXCEEDED my expectations. It is so very simple to use." [..]
- by healerbear on Mar 21, 2008
"Easily one of the most useful utilities to have
Pros: Easy to install - literally takes seconds. Very simple to use.
Has pretty much any unit you can think of, and you can always add your own.
Cons: Can't see any cons
Summary: This should come pre-installed on all computers like the
- by Lghtspdr, May
"Must have for every day use
Pros: -easy to start and handle
Cons: -no cons at this moment
Summary: -it is exactly what I need and expect"
- by rasvan.barsa, Oct 14, 2008
Pros: Free, you can add your own categories and units. Extremely
simple. I added shekels to the mass category, and made my brother the base unit
in the category "Stupidity" Fantastic!" [..]
- by thomasl714 on April 5, 2009
Download Prior Version
Unit Converter 5.4 for Windows
View the Manual (pdf) or send your suggestions!
Manu Mital (THANKS!)
252 kB (258,560 bytes)
Excerpt: This Site, the Materials and information
accessible through this Site and the Software are provided "as is" without any
representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, and Quad-Lock, its
affiliates and their suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions
with regard thereto, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties and
conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and
non-infringement, and those arising by statute or otherwise at law, or from a
course of dealing or use of trade. Quad-Lock does not warrant that this Site
or the Software will operate without interruptions or that it will be error
Customizations: For custom units and preferences to be stored, a small file
named UnitConverter.ini (or after the name of your exe file) is written to the
folder or, if running from a removable drive, to the removable drive's
root folder. You can transfer this file to other computers to transfer
- Added Conversion History providing quick access to the 25 most recent unit conversions.
- Added a ribbon menu with customizable quick access toolbar, and dockable windows for Search and the new Conversion History.
- Added new category Currency with 38 world currencies. For the built-in currencies, the conversion rates are dynamically updated from the web (once per day) or by clicking the status bar or under menu Edit > Preferences > Currency tab.
- Added ability to resize the window, e.g. to view more units
- Added new category Permeability with 4 units.
- Added cubic millimeters to Volume category.
- Added 'Clarke 1866 (NAD 27)' to Coordinate transformations.
- Added the name of the currently selected category to the window title (for easy task-switching when running multiple windows).
- Minor revisions and corrections of several unit conversion factors in torque, pressure, and volume categories to improve accuracy of results.
- Added ability to perform coordinate
transformations from latitude/longitude to UTM (and vice-versa).
- Added Heat Flux conversion category with
- Added Magnetic Flux conversion category
with 14 units
- Added Volumetric Heat Generation category
with 11 units
- Added 6 new units to Fuel Consumption
category (non-linear conversions such as Liters/100km to Miles/Gallon)
- Corrected conversion factor in Amount of Substance; 1 mol = 1000 mmol,
showed 1000000 mmol
- Re-organized main menu. Also, added an icon next to each menu item.
- Quad-Lock Converter now uses Unicode for
the entire program (UI controls and the engine), enabling
- Removed restrictions such that users can now add an
un-limited number of custom units and categories.
Furthermore, users can also add non-multiplicative unit conversions (such as
from Liters/100km to Miles/Gallon)
- Changed location of UnitConverter.ini (preferences file) to the
folder or, if running from a removable drive, to the removable drive's
root folder (e.g. F:\UnitConverter.ini).
- User defined custom categories can now be rendered visible or invisible
in the main window using Main Menu > Edit > Preferences
- The conversion engine now uses a hash table to efficiently map unit
names to associated conversion factors. This should improve speed on old and
obsolete computers (the difference may not be noticeable on fast modern
- Added ability to 'Find' units and categories (Crtl + F)
- Added ability to 'Invert Selected Units' (Ctrl + I or click middle icon)
- Added ability to enter additional complex expressions in the Input Box,
e.g. type: sin(4e-1)+cos(sqrt(7^3)) The converter evaluates the expression
to 1.3356883 before performing the conversion.
- Added Data Transfer category with 169 units
- Added Numbers category with 35 numerical base conversions
- Added 3 Enthalpy categories (Mass, Molar, and Volume) with a total of 17
- Added Fuel Consumption category with 12 units
- Added Amount of Substance category with 4 units
- Added 15 new units to Data Category
- Added 6 new units to Torque category
- Added 6 new units to Volume category
- Added 3 new units to SI Prefix category
- Added gram/liter to Density category
- Corrected conversion factor for ton-force (2000 lbf) in Force category
- Changed location of UnitConverter.ini (preferences file) to the root
drive (usually C:)
- Added unit abbreviations wherever applicable (displayed underneath the
- Added 76 new units to "Distance" category
- Added 33 new units in the "Time" category and changed the baseline unit
to alleviate some inaccuracies
- Added Gill (UK) and Gill (US) to "Dry Volume" category
- Corrected the conversion factors for miles/hour-min in "Acceleration"
and for hectare in "Area"
- Changed all unit names to lowercase, except when the name is based on a
- Updated the Quad-Lock logo
- Added the link "Check for update or donate" under the Help Menu
- Added input support for fractions (e.g. use 1+3/8)
- Revised Power Category - now over 70 units
- Added SI Prefix Category - 15 new units
- Added Data Category - 16 new units
- Added Surface Tension Category - 11 new units
- Added Concentration (Liquid) - 11 new units
- Added Concentration (Molar) - 12 new units
- Added Inductance - 21 new units
- Added Radiation - 19 new units
- Added Radiation Exposure - 11 new units
- Added "Remember last used units" in addition to category on
startup (enable under Preferences)
Version 5.0: original release