Inadequate insulation and air leakage are the leading causes of energy waste in most homes.
R-ETRO High Performance Insulation System
The R-ETRO System offers building owners a simple yet effective way to attach the best performing insulation product to an existing building and then serves as a fastening point for finish materials.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is the most effective thermal insulation
because of its inert properties:
EPS has no nutritional value for plants, animals or micro-organisms. It will not rot and is highly resistant to mildew. EPS will not decompose or decay and its R-Value will not decrease with age. Unlike batt insulation, there is no sagging or settling. EPS offers the lowest cost per unit of R-Value compared to any other insulation material. No additional framing is necessary so thermal bridging is minimal.
When done in conjunction with other scheduled maintenance or rehabilitation, insulation is a cost-effective way to improve the building envelope performance in terms of conductive heat loss or gain and air infiltration or exfiltration. In the case of un-insulated basements, the addition of interior insulation also makes basement space more comfortable and useable.
- Save Money: Significantly
reduces energy consumption
- Highest R-Value available in an insulation system
- The R-Value of EPS will not decrease with age
- Inhibits air infiltration
- It's Easy: Faster and
easier to install than other insulation systems
- For new construction or do-it-yourself renovations
- Built-in fastening system is superior to systems applied with adhesives
- Levels surfaces for finishing
- Built-in rainscreen
- It's Safe: No health
risks in installation and use
- No CFCs, HCFCs. EPS will not mold, decay or rot
- Modified EPS includes a fire retardant
How it Works
R-ETRO Ties are fastened to the existing building with screws at 24" [610mm] centers*. EPS Panels are fit over the tie flanges and another row of R-ETRO Ties are placed in the tops of the panels at 24" [610mm]. Panels can be easily cut around openings and protrusions from the building. Finish materials can be applied directly to the R-ETRO System or furring strips can be applied to the surface of the panels prior to finishing.
* For areas with high wind-loads, please consult the R-ETRO System Product Manual.
EPS Insulation: Quad-Lock Panels
Quadruple the R-Value